We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Part-time or Full-Time Unpaid: Fall 2020
The Marketing Intern will work closely with the Executive Director as well as the rest of the Humane Animal Treatment Society team to create content for both print and digital HATS promotions. The intern will showcase their strong marketing skills and promote their professional development during the term. They will learn to develop their professional work style by attending meetings, meeting deadlines, managing multiple projects simultaneously, and working from concepts to creative solutions.
Responsibilities May Include
• Creating concepts and designs for emails, website, newsletters, and social media.
• Collaborating with the HATS team to support campaigns and offer design solutions.
• Applying marketing theory that they’ve learned in their studies, creating actual marketing campaigns using industry software and techniques.
• Assisting with the compilation of fact sheets, reports, and the presentation of marketing content and design.
• Assisting with digital asset management, including organizing, categorizing and tagging the department’s photographic and digital media.
• Assisting in rollout of membership promotions and initiatives.
• Proofreading for clarity, grammar and spelling.
Successful Candidates Will Come To The Role With:
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• An interest in marketing techniques and analytics and/or graphic design.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including: Photoshop/InDesign.
• Enthusiasm for email marketing, social media, and graphic design.
• Attentiveness to detail.
• The ability to work independently as well as in partnership with team members.
• Interest in the nonprofit sector, specifically animal welfare.
An Internship at the Humane Animal Treatment Society Will:
• Prepare you for an in-house design position in the marketing and communications industry.
• Supplement your portfolio with real-world samples actively on display.
• A flexible work schedule.
• Allow you to be part of a non-profit organization actively making an impact to improve the health and welfare of animals in our community.
Be Part of Our Mission: To empower our community to support the compassionate treatment of all animals.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and three samples of your work that demonstrate a solid grasp of design concepts and well written content. Application materials should be sent to Angela Miedema at email@example.com.